I got this recipe from a mailer I got from Kroger (our grocery store). I tried it out on my family and my brothers' families and it was a big hit! *note: it makes a lot.
2 avocados, chopped
4 roma tomatoes, chopped
1 small red onion, chopped
1 bunch cilantro, trimmed and chopped
4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled (I couldn't find plain feta so I used peppercorn feta and it was awesome!)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. kosher salt
Combine the avocados, tomatoes and onion in a bowl. Mix gently. Stir in the cilantro. Add feta cheese, olive oil, vinegar, cumin and salt and mix until combined. Chill, covered, in the refrigerator. Serve with warm pita wedges, tortilla chips, or crostini. Refrigerate any leftovers.
(I served my with homemade pita chips and crostini but it's good with chips too)
No comments:
Post a Comment